Kaiser Permanente - Not the best out there, but still OK | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Not the best out there, but still OK"

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Most people who work there are friendly and can teach you the ropes. The pay is just about average.

Cons

Work is not always constant and there really is not a lot of room for growth

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Great place to work...depending on your manager"

Former Contractor - Governance, Reporting and Communications Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful company culture and the leadership believes and embraces the work life balance; it is not just talk. Many avenues to pursue once you get inside. It is a family and there are many wonderful things to work on within the scope of Kaiser Permenente. I worked in IT and it is a large comfortable campus with perks like subsidized lunch and music performances, also quality materials to work with. They are not cheap. Very reasonable, flexible and empowering of the individual.

Cons

I got a bad director. She just couldn't handle the managerial aspects of her newly promoted state and gave no guidance whatsoever as to regular duties or deliverables to be produced or tasks to be performed, and she never got back with requested or required input on projects or deliverables, which made it difficult to get things done. I was let go without any more information than "it just didn't work out" which is hard to swallow when you are a senior level contributor with 25 years experience. Other directors are far better.

Advice to Management

Governance, Reporting and Communications should be run by someone who actually can spell and use Word at a professional level, understands Excel and producing metric diagrams via automated applications instead of hand cut and paste and the errors prone to human interventions in reporting, and understands that governance is not just reporting on problems and golf-clapping a vendor for doing their job. Governance is in part ensuring SLA compliance and finding out and fixing what is wrong should SLAs not be met. At present, nothing is done to rectify problems from the director, the same action items remain for weeks and months and senior level leadership is forced to micro manage what should be a relatively straight forward position. Or it would be if I was allowed to implement the changes I proposed.

"Was fired for bringing up deficiencies and quality checks"

Pros

I volunteered for sports event,participated in committed,tried to identify areas of improve only to get written up and fired, even though it was written as my job, they changed the rule and fired me, said I was making waves.

Cons

Management endorsed rumors, even applied punitive measures for trying To improve quality

Advice to Management

Back up promises made for performance improvement and quality of service