Kaiser Permanente - Not a Pleasant experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Not a Pleasant experience"

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits if you are working as a permanent employee.

Cons

In case of consultant, its bad experience. I worked for a department which doesn't come under KPIT. Don't have place to sit. Every day we have to book a conference room to sit. It need to be done all the days. Initially I thought its a joke, but its the reality. They won't provide monitor, with laptop you have to work all along. Production support is part of daily work and no proper knowledge transfer for that. Its least ideal environment to work in.

Advice to Management

Please assign a desk so that consultants can also work freely.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "During my time with Kaiser in Ohio, my experiences were mixed."

Former Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Brooklyn Heights, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Brooklyn Heights, OH

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

While no longer in existence in Ohio (as of 2013), Kaiser was a good place to work for someone without a college degree and a little bit of experience. The pay for entry level customer relations was above average and was appropriate based on the work load you encountered.
    The coworkers I had were all excellent in one way or another. Each had their own areas of expertise and there was always time to ask for help from someone when you needed it.
    Supervisors/Management were always extremely helpful when you had a problem and typically bent over backwards to help you as much as possible.

Cons

One of the biggest problems in my department was the attendance. The department was very small in terms of being a "call center" and on any given day there would be 3-4 call offs, plus 1 or 2 people on vacation.
    In addition to those out for vacation or call off, the FMLA provided in this department was atrocious. I understand that FMLA is needed and have no problem with those who utilize it properly. The problem was that there was at least 4+ people out on FMLA everyday. I can not say for certain, but I'm fairly positive there were those abusing FMLA.

Advice to Management

I would certainly have tighter controls on those out on FMLA. There are limitations for that type of leave and people need to be held accountable while utilizing it.
    Promote from within for employees who show exceptional ability instead of remaining stagnant with what you already have in place.

2. "It was a learning experience"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gaining knowledge in their industry

Cons

Labor Staff not working to par

Advice to Management

assure contract between Kaiser and Union does not have as many loop holds.