Kaiser Permanente - Kind of Thrive? | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Kind of Thrive?"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Honolulu, HI
Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with and wonderful environment. Very understanding of personal issues and with taking of personal family matters.

Cons

Not much for career opportunities in region locations outside of California and Colorado. Promotions or pay increases are hard to come by and depends on the management you work with.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"hospice/palliative care"

Current Employee - Hospice Palliative Care in Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Hospice Palliative Care in Tustin, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is good, benefits great.

Cons

It's a hard job. There is an incredible amount of busy work they lay on you and it cuts into the time you need to accomplish a days work in time. Lots of off the clock work because it's so poorly run and organized. You are never done, ever.. and when you say something about it (and we ALL have), they tell you that you have time management issues. We all have time management issues? Most of the nurses cannot work full time for long. The managers don't have management training. They don't provide ways to make your job manageable. What they do is just add one more thing you have to do every day. And deny you administrative time to accomplish it. They don't get it at all. If they simplified it, I could see more patients.

Advice to Management

None of the managers have worked a day as a hospice palliative care nurse. I'd like to see them take a case load and try to do what they say is expected. Maybe then they would see how much money they waste paying overtime for what amounts to clerical work as menial as ordering supplies and equipment, faxing orders, etc. All that stuff eats into our time.

"Working as a physician at Kaiser"

Current Employee - Physician in Vallejo, CA
    Current Employee - Physician in Vallejo, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have plenty of time to safely see patients. All your consultants are easily available by phone call. Excellent and fast outpatient services.

Cons

I wish there was more ancillary staff, including nurses, techs, clerks, and concierge as the number of patients we see is increasing.

Advice to Management

none.