Kaiser Permanente - The section that I work in is micro managed, and the staff had been unhappy with the managers. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"The section that I work in is micro managed, and the staff had been unhappy with the managers."

Current Employee - Analyst in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Analyst in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can teach yourself new skills that you can utilizes on a new job that you might have in the future. Our department does not require that we are rocket scientist, and if you have a rocket scientist mind you will hate working in this department.

Cons

Our group is micro managed, and recommendations to improved tasks are not take seriously. The skills of the group are not up to date. If this group worked outside of Kaiser, then they would have to really upgrade the current skills that they have.

Advice to Management

Need to start focusing more on better ways to motivate your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Overall a good company with good employee benefits."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company itself provides fine compensation and good employee benefits. Each region (eg. Northern California, Southern California) functions separately and could be very different.

Cons

Bad leadership. Low morale. Constant turnover of staff in my region (both at the management level and the support staff level).

Advice to Management

Please take employee satisfaction survey results more seriously. HR spoke with staff in the departments with poorest satisfaction but took no action - a total waste of everybody's time!

2. "Fantastic"

Current Employee - CDRP in Union City, CA
    Current Employee - CDRP in Union City, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great peers to work with. The colleagues are passionate about their work, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. The training and pay is good and the job atmosphere is enjoyable.

Cons

Sometimes the work gets very busy and it can be a challenge to manage my time well. The patients sometimes drop out of treatment.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the great culture that you have created.