Kaiser Permanente - To big for the little employee | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"To big for the little employee"

Former Employee - Nurse in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Nurse in San Diego, CA

Pros

The network in place to make lateral career moves as well as advancement is excellent because postings are vigilantly updated. The options for nurses are extremely diverse and nurses have an enormous potential for career growth and skill development.

Cons

The stress on personnel can be high due to patient demand. This seems to be a chronic problem. In my experience, the management does not have a positive effect on the work environment, and the affection of nurses for exceptional supervisors doesn't seem to be shared by the administration. The nationwide organization is so big that change in policy or procedure is more difficult than changing the course of the Queen Mary.

Advice to Management

The organization could counter the suppressive effect of is corporate girth by encouraging out-of-the-box solutions and more individual discretion of the immediate supervisors. Instead of encouraging homogeneity with the "employee of the month", how about posting the "idea of the month".

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"I.T. Field Services - the dead end."

Current Employee - Desktop Support in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Desktop Support in San Francisco, CA

Pros

When I started 4 years ago:
    Great Pay
    Great Benefits

Cons

Pay raise doesn't even meet inflation, benefits have been reduced.
    The Permanente Medical Group (TPMG) for profit often receives bonuses, non-union skilled laborers like Field Services have not in the past 4 years.

No replacements are possible for this position. They're replacing the full time technicians with contractors.

They keep saying Field Services is not being outsourced but the fact is they're waiting for attrition to take care of us. Making working in I.T. more and more unpleasant so we will quit. Then they can bring in the contractors.

Advice to Management

Half-way outsourcing isn't the way to go. You either complete it thoroughly or you shouldn't even attempt it.

Printer management has already been outsourced. Cost savings and increassed efficiency has yet to be seen. Length of time for a printer to be purchased, deployed, or even repaires has increased. Downtime cost money but they're still staying the course.

2. "Rad Tech"

Current Employee - Rad Tech in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Rad Tech in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

the Benefits package is the best you can receive anywhere, the flexible work week is also great, I like the time off.

Cons

There are really no cons, just there is a lot of people who need to retire. there is a lot of burn out there

Advice to Management

To give employees time to express their self. We need to work together, it's the only way we can survive