Kaiser Permanente - I.T. Field Services - the dead end. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"I.T. Field Services - the dead end."

Current Employee - Desktop Support in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Desktop Support in San Francisco, CA

Pros

When I started 4 years ago:
Great Pay
Great Benefits

Cons

Pay raise doesn't even meet inflation, benefits have been reduced.
The Permanente Medical Group (TPMG) for profit often receives bonuses, non-union skilled laborers like Field Services have not in the past 4 years.

No replacements are possible for this position. They're replacing the full time technicians with contractors.

They keep saying Field Services is not being outsourced but the fact is they're waiting for attrition to take care of us. Making working in I.T. more and more unpleasant so we will quit. Then they can bring in the contractors.

Advice to Management

Half-way outsourcing isn't the way to go. You either complete it thoroughly or you shouldn't even attempt it.

Printer management has already been outsourced. Cost savings and increassed efficiency has yet to be seen. Length of time for a printer to be purchased, deployed, or even repaires has increased. Downtime cost money but they're still staying the course.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "Rad Tech"

Current Employee - Rad Tech in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Rad Tech in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

the Benefits package is the best you can receive anywhere, the flexible work week is also great, I like the time off.

Cons

There are really no cons, just there is a lot of people who need to retire. there is a lot of burn out there

Advice to Management

To give employees time to express their self. We need to work together, it's the only way we can survive

"Not a good place to work!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Burbank, CA

Pros

Stability of company and benefits!

Cons

The Project Management department is lacking leadership!! There is no promotional opportunities and Management is a joke!

Advice to Management

Understand that a great manager not only is looking ahead at their own career but also cares about developing their employees.