Kaiser Permanente - Kaiser is a great place to work - just land at the right level! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Kaiser is a great place to work - just land at the right level!"

Current Employee - Project Manager II in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Project Manager II in San Diego, CA

Pros

The people are truly a team - they are among the best I have worked with in the health care industry and they care deeply about what they do, both in regards to patients and the community at large. There is a team spirit and sense of "family" in the organization. Tuition reimbursement and benefits are phenomenal.

Cons

Once you are in a job (and they aren't easy to get, surprisingly!), you get pigeonholed into that position. There aren't opportunities given to try new things. Union environment can put the brakes on innovation, and there are a lot of "lifers" that are just biding their time - there isn't an entrepreunerial spirit going on.

Advice to Management

Take time to evaluate the people in the organization - nurses and physicians were not trained in business, and need to be supplemented by those of us who have those skills.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "Culture of Consensus means Mediocre Outcomes"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Burbank, CA

Pros

Kaiser Permanente has great benefits. It also really subscribes to the work/life balance. People are very understanding if things come up.

Cons

Salary raises and bonuses are small.
    There is no incentive to perform well.
    Promotion opportunities are far and few. Even if you do get promoted, chances are that someone coming from the outside will get paid a higher salary.

Advice to Management

Foster a culture of excellence. Highly political place where people are afraid of stepping on each other's toes at a professional level.

2. "Good stuff"

Current Employee - Doctor of Internal Medicine in Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Doctor of Internal Medicine in Concord, CA

Pros

I like to work on people and the things inside of them. At Kaiser they have these things and much more.

Cons

Long Long hours. sometimes I sleep in my car. I take showers in clients rooms and use there soap and toels

Advice to Management

try looking at peoples feelings some time. I work a lot and want to be treated like a person some times