Kaiser Permanente - Kaiser..the good and the bad | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Kaiser..the good and the bad"

Current Employee - Staff Assistant in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Staff Assistant in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Good benefits, stable work environment. When I tell people I work at Kaiser they either ask if I can get them a job thre too or they mention Kaiser Permanente's cool Thrive commercials. I feel stable in my job since it's in the health field. I enjoy working with some intelligent people that are passionate about the work they do. People helping people

Cons

I feel there are a lot of people that work at least in my dept. that work the heck out of the system. Including supervisors, calling in sick at the drop of a hat, doing mediocre word, going out on FMLA for reasons not meant for that program.
Since it's a union environment, people are promoted not because of merit but how long that have been with the company. I see a lot of bad behavior swept under the carpet and not dealt with. It makes the employees doing the work wonder why they are working so hard to pick up the slack of non-performers.

Advice to Management

Come to work, stay off the golf course. Pay attention to what is going on in your dept.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "Work Life Balance, Great Healthcare Benefits, Employees have a heart! Highly Recommend as a an employer of choice!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Oakland, CA

Pros

Work Life Balance
    Healthcare Benefits
    Employees

Cons

Complex matrixed organization makes it difficult to streamline and standardize processes.

Advice to Management

Simplify. Simplify. Simplify. Everything need not be so complicated.

"Kaiser good for benefits"

Current Employee - Project Manager II in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager II in Pasadena, CA

Pros

The benefits are really good for those who have families. It doesn't cost anything to insure yourself and your family and the copays are only 25 dollars I think. IF you and your spouse work for Kaiser then you have 'dual coverage' which means that you don't pay anything for medications and doctors visits. This makes healthcare for a Kaiser family very very very very cheap. They have a lot of hospitals around the inland Emprire and the Los Angeles area. Overall it is a good place to work and provides decent opportunity to move around in the organization in the region.

Cons

It is a very bureacratic organization. Everything is painfully slow.

Advice to Management

Get out to the medical centers and see what is happening.