KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Team and Culture that's Growing and Winning

Nov 9, 2021 - Customer Success in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm surrounded by amazing talent that shows up every day to deliver on our vision of eliminating financial barriers to an education. There is such a need for Kaleidoscope and a tremendous opportunity for this company to own the market in just a few years. I'm glad to be on the ride and contributing to our success.

Cons

Things move fast in a start-up and if you're not comfortable with change or laying the track while the train is moving, then this may not be a fit for you.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Kaleidoscope Response

Hello and thank you for your feedback. As always, you can feel free to share your ideas about the product, or anything else, with any leader here at Kaleidoscope. We agree things are fast-paced and are happy you're enjoying the ride. We continue to invest in the team and product, and are glad you are part of those efforts!

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Looking for a Challenge?

Nov 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The very best part about working here is that you're part of building a company! Things move very quickly and change is constant, but I have learned so much about our product, the tech industry, and so much more. Leaders are open to hearing new ideas and I feel engaged in my work every day. Also, the culture here is a lot of fun and we have a great team - the CEO is passionate and his enthusiasm for this company is contagious. This is seriously the best job I've ever had and I am excited about where we're headed!

Cons

Lots of ambiguity. Sometimes it's hard to see the "big picture" while doing the daily work, and things do change frequently. However, if you are someone who enjoys problem-solving and viewing challenges as opportunities, you will thrive here.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Kaleidoscope Response

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We agree this is a dynamic work environment, and we look to each employee to help support our growth. We are glad you have enjoyed your time working at Kaleidoscope so far, and encourage you to take advantage of the Open Door Culture to ask questions and share any ideas you might have!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

My experience aligns with the other negative reviews

May 2, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Good vision to help market manage the scholarship/grant process • Some really good people that work hard and want to do well in their career

Cons

From my experience, you think you will be joining a company that helps eliminate the financial barriers to education and probably impressed by meeting the CEO and seeing his passion for scholarship and grant accessibility. I was really impressed and engaged when I first started. This makes you want to work for a company that will do good but then you start seeing how the company operates and the ethical and legal concerns with the lack of accountability (which is a core value) start to rise to the surface. In a leadership role, this was by far the most toxic company culture I have ever worked for. I didn’t mind the work, long hours didn’t bother me, even the demanding clients didn’t affect me adversely (and they were quite difficult at times), but the rumors, aggressive and accusatory emails/slack from the CEO with inaccurate assumptions and lack of communication with all stakeholders is the poison of the company. Essentially, the CEO was the reason I joined but he ended up being the reason I left. • Leadership (CEO specifically) gossips and criticizes all employees except his ever changing “core” group of individuals that he shares inside jokes with about others. This leads to other employees gossiping and then circles back to other leaders which is demoralizing and disrespectful. I have confirmed that he has done this with me and others in the organization. This caused me a lot of personal anxiety, created an atmosphere of distrust and a hostile work environment within the last few months of being there. • The CEO stated in an abrupt leadership meeting after he yelled at his VP and the sales team that one of his employees was his favorite, in front of all the other staff-this was very unprofessional • The weekly Biz n’ Brew sessions seem like a fun get together to drink but it is really where the CEO has everyone drop what they are doing, sit and listen to him hash over inside jokes with his "core" team and put people on the spot which makes others uncomfortable. Multiple people agree but don't want to say anything because they worry about retaliation. Finally, Employee engagement surveys are discussed to determine who provided what negative feedback, instead of how to address the concerns raised.

8 people found this review helpful

Kaleidoscope Response

Hello and thank you for your detailed feedback, as we take all positive and critical reviews seriously. We agree that the entire Kaleidoscope team works hard and is committed to eliminating financial barriers to an education. However, we wholeheartedly reject your comments about our clients and are disappointed that a former leader would misrepresent them in a negative light on this platform. Our clients, applicants, and team are at the heart of everything we do, and without them, Kaleidoscope would not exist. As part of a fast-growing SaaS Company, our team works hard every day to develop and maintain strong and supportive relationships with our clients, and everyone with whom we interact. Under the guidance and direction of the Chief Executive Officer and Director of Talent Management, all leaders at Kaleidoscope are expected to build a culture around and lead in accordance with our core values of Teamwork, Accountability, Grit, Resiliency, and Humility. We do this by focusing on and discussing objectives and key results, including team member performance data, during leadership meetings. Behaviors such as engaging in unethical or illegal behavior, gossip circles, or demeaning one another are not reflective of Company core values, nor are they factors in the way we do business. It is, however, the responsibility of each team member to utilize our Open Door Policy (talk to any leader at any time about anything) to address this behavior as it arises. Regarding team member engagement, we do host weekly, company-sponsored happy hour called Biz ‘n’ Brew, which is completely voluntary, is held during the workday, and is an opportunity for team members to step away from their daily tasks to connect with each other and with all members of the leadership team. During this time, we read public recognition, share the monthly peer-nominated Champion Award winners, and provide a space for team members and leaders to share updates on a variety of topics. Those who do not wish to attend or have conflicting meetings are able to skip it without consequence. No team member at Kaleidoscope has ever been disciplined for not attending a Biz n Brew, or for sharing any feedback about it. Kaleidoscope administers monthly team member engagement surveys that are distributed by our third-party payroll and benefits administrator, and the results are kept completely anonymous. Identifying information from survey participants is not available to any leader at Kaleidoscope, by design. Each month, aggregated survey scores are analyzed by the Director of Talent Management and general themes and specific action items are formally presented to the CEO, the leadership team, and all team members during the month in which the responses were received. These surveys provide key insight to understanding how employees feel about a variety of topics, and feedback has led to changes to performance management processes, employee benefits, and team member developmental opportunities. Individual comments are intentionally not shared broadly, to preserve the anonymity of this important tool. In sum, leading in accordance with Company core values, discussing Company objectives and key results at leadership meetings, hosting weekly happy hours and other quarterly events, and reviewing and responding to employee feedback are specific examples of the ways in which leaders – under the direction of the Founder and CEO of Kaleidoscope – invest in, support, and engage with our team members, and work together to grow our business. We care deeply about our team, our work, and the impact we have for both clients and scholarship recipients. And while your experience does not accurately reflect the reality of our company culture, we thank you for you brief service, and always strive for positive employee experiences as a growth company.

Discover more reviews about Kaleidoscope.