Kangaroo Express - Kangaroo | Glassdoor

"Kangaroo"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Kangaroo Express part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Customers were pretty nice, gain retail experience. Beat's being out in the heat.

Cons

None for the most part, depends on your manager. Sometimes they can set goals that are nearly impossible to reach. Try taking care of sweeping the parking lot, stocking the cooler, baby oil the gas pumps and trash cans, machine maintenance, dusting all the shelves. replacing the bibs on the fountain drink dispenser on top of checking the bathrooms every thirty minutes and brewing coffee every 15 while dealing with a steady stream of customers and worrying about the roller grill. You can get most if not all of that done, however it can be tough. God forbid you do not make it to one random thing and have a bad manager though.. hope you like being chewed out!

Other Employee Reviews for Kangaroo Express

1. "manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Kangaroo Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

if your a manger, you do have some benefits. Insurance, etc.

Cons

Being on call around the clock. Never had enough people to help. Company was not aggressive in protecting market share.

Advice to Management

Making everyone feel like a team

2. "Sales Associate"

Pros

I was able to be independent and learn to manage a store with an advanced skill of multi-tasking. I was especially young when I had this job, so having it was quite the teaching experience.

Cons

I was generally the only one in the store most days. Expect the stores to be understaffed. So when customers came in to ask me questions, I would have to call my manager while being glared down.

Advice to Management

All I can advise is that you make sure that you have all the staff that you are technically qualified to have.