Kangaroo Express - DONT MAKE IT A LONG TIME JOB | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kangaroo Express

"DONT MAKE IT A LONG TIME JOB"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Kangaroo Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

U WILL GAIN CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE AND WHAT NOT

Cons

Minimum wage and u gotta wait forever to get a raise

Other Employee Reviews for Kangaroo Express

"Expect more and more of Store Management team, with less and less support."

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Jacksonville Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Jacksonville Beach, FL

I worked at Kangaroo Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees were mostly easy to get along with. Easy for those with drive to get a step ahead by utilizing online training platforms to supplement their experience.

Cons

Horrible working conditions and compensation. Factors for determining labor hours is backwards and bloated, with just one employee responsible for overseeing the entire store for a majority of open hours. Health care options limited to HMO's. Very little insight offered by District and Regional level management/directors to assist in improving operations; instead management was shuffled around between stores or replaced entirely. More and more back-office operations were assigned to Store Management in an effort to fabricate an "ownership experience" but advice and support for ensuring accurate and relative reporting are completely lacking as this was just a way to streamline operations and cut costs by removing or reassigning administrative support roles in the corporate office . Average hold times for help desk were over 45min.

Advice to Management

Learn from competitors such as Murphy's, Daily's, or Gate and invest in having dual coverage at all hours to allow for a more pleasant experience for the customer and employee.

"Unappreciated and feel devalued and trapped everyday!"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Kangaroo Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is competitive. When actually allowed to do out job without being bombarded by 50,000 meaningless emails, and not be micromanaged like 2 year old children, I for the most part enjoy my job.

Cons

No respect. No appreciation. We are told to treat our employees with respect and like we want to be treated, but yet DMs can talk to managers any kind of way they see fit---crazy! We are more or less threatened with our jobs anytime someone does something stupid we all have to be punished for it... This comes from dm and regional people. The company has been sending emails out reminding us of core values... The DMs and above are the ones who need the refresher course. It's actually so ridiculous that it is comical! We are to respond to all emails in a proper time frame, but our bosses frequently flat out don't respond to our emails or answer phone calls.

Advice to Management

Get out in the field and talk to managers candidly. Even ask HR If they have had any complaints. HR did nothing for me and the complaint I called in. Basically dismissed me. Wake up! Managers are leaving and even taking lower paid jobs, serious pay cuts, just to get away from this company. Quit adding more work to us while cutting out man hours--- we really don't posses super powers!