Kaplan - Unethical practices and low pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaplan

"Unethical practices and low pay"

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Kaplan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My immediate supervisors were great. They helped me develop my skills. The staff in the education department at the local campus works hard. There are a lot of low-level employees that have their heart in their job and want to help their students.

Cons

1. The mission statement is about education, but the emphasis is placed on numbers.
2. The admission policies are unethical. Students are encouraged to enroll despite having the finances or academic ability to be successful in the program. I have witnessed students enrolled who are living out of their car. I have witnessed students enrolled who can not read. It is then left to the education department to deal with it.
3. Career services twists job titles to make it appear placements rates are high. Giving Grandma her medicine does not mean that you are working in the medical field.
4. The pay is too low compared to industry standards.
5. Your work load will continue to increase. Each time they layoff employees (which is a lot), they assign their duties to someone else with no increase in pay or benefits.

Advice to Management

Go back and look at your mission. You aren't running your business by it. By the end, I was embarrassed to be a Kaplan employee because I felt like we were prostituting ourselves just to make money.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaplan

"Join if you want to be in a place where an employee is never valued and treated with utter disrespect"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Kaplan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Up to date with the technologies, NY location. Lot of good people to work with, huge scope for learning new technologies, that was the case at least in my department.

Cons

Doesn't treat employees as assets. My advise to who ever accepts an offer is to to make sure all the hiring promises are put on a paper.

2. "Meets all my needs!"

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

The flexibility I have to teach where I need to.

Cons

Cannot really take time off.