Kaplan - I worked for SCORE! Educational Centers which was a subsidiary of Kaplan at the time, then was bought by Kaplan. | Glassdoor

"I worked for SCORE! Educational Centers which was a subsidiary of Kaplan at the time, then was bought by Kaplan."

Former Employee - Center Director in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Kaplan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Career growth opportunity, solid public company, backed by Washington Post.

Cons

Long hours with low pay compared with similar jobs in the market. On the sales side, sometimes emphasized numbers without acknowledging the vision and mission of the organization. Priorities were constantly changing by upper management, and as a result many of the employees began to distrust HQ management.

Advice to Management

Invest more in people, engagement, and community/volunteer issues. Focus on improving employee satisfaction and retention.

Kaplan2013-05-06
  1. "Great Place to develop skills"

Former Employee - Instructor

I worked at Kaplan part-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive place that allowed instructors to grow and become better and better.

Cons

Complex pay structure, once at the top of the tier, not really anywhere to go.

Kaplan2019-12-18
  2. "Great Opportunities, Some Challenges With Decentralized Management"

Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Kaplan part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent, ongoing training and lots of opportunities to add more classes

Cons

Experienced high turnover in management due to ongoing restructuring. Managers were sometimes difficult to communicate with because they were working remotely and covering large territories.

Kaplan2019-12-31

Discover more reviews about Kaplan.