Kaplan - Nice environment, little to no room to advance | Glassdoor
  1. "Nice environment, little to no room to advance"

Career Services Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Kaplan

Pros

Loved my coworkers, enjoyed working with students. Also enjoyed a lot of autonomy - as long as you are hitting goals, you are empowered to work in whatever way makes most sense for you.

Cons

Kaplan doesn't promote from within - in fact during my tenure they had a formalized "director development program" seeking candidates externally to prep and situation into director level roles. Very discouraging - additionally, regional and upper management seems to have a genuine disdain for employees working at the ground campus level.

Advice to Management

Lip service about employee engagement won't engage anybody - you need to actually value your employees rather than making them "feel valued" through half thought out programs.

Kaplan2015-01-27
  1. "Great Place to develop skills"

Former Employee - Instructor

I worked at Kaplan part-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive place that allowed instructors to grow and become better and better.

Cons

Complex pay structure, once at the top of the tier, not really anywhere to go.

Kaplan2019-12-18
  2. "Great Opportunities, Some Challenges With Decentralized Management"

Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Kaplan part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent, ongoing training and lots of opportunities to add more classes

Cons

Experienced high turnover in management due to ongoing restructuring. Managers were sometimes difficult to communicate with because they were working remotely and covering large territories.

Kaplan2019-12-31

Discover more reviews about Kaplan.