Karmaloop - Fun, exciting lots of work long hours-rewarding skill building | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Karmaloop

"Fun, exciting lots of work long hours-rewarding skill building"

Current Employee - Merch Buying in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Merch Buying in Boston, MA

I have been working at Karmaloop full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Karmaloop is not the right fit for lots of people but I like that there is ability to voice opinion, fast paced and work is interesting so I don't mind that people are expected to work very I long street wear culture so there is not better place to be. Chance to travel and meet interesting people in industry Best job I have had yet! My pay is better than any friends in industry

Cons

sometimes disorganized, confusing expected to do huge amounts of work in short time (still work street wear is my passion so generally I like the work)- not enough praise sometimes, the technology seems to break a lot and the tech team is unfreindly unhelpful. reporting and use of data is much less good than my last company

Advice to Management

FIX YOUR TECH problems and get tech employees that are nice and like be helpful! More events when you have them people really bond

Other Employee Reviews for Karmaloop

"Karmaloop is a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Karmaloop full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Karmaloop is an exciting young company that has a lot to offer to anyone involved with the brand. I started as a design intern my senior year of college, a wonderful experience that lead to being hired full-time upon my graduation. The internship allowed me to work on large projects ranging from tee-shirt designs to full-scale digital campaigns (many of my fellow classmates internships consisted of getting coffee and creating small meaningless banner ads). They gave me a real opportunity to prove myself that I took full advantage of. The Karmaloop work atmosphere is not your typical corporate office which I absolutely love! The walls are filled with floor to ceiling paintings, street art wallpaper, beautifully framed pieces and a custom Shepard Fairy wall mural. Your not required to wear a stuffy suit and tie and communication with upper management is as easy as knocking on their office door and talking. Having this "laid-back" atmosphere allows for more productivity. Karmaloop also has an exceptional health and dental program, great work hours, and weekly functions that promote a unified team. I look forward to growing with Karmaloop as we get bigger and bigger!

Cons

Around the holidays there is a lot of extra work that needs to get done which requires working late nights and weekends. However, that is expected because its the busy season for our industry.

Advice to Management

I feel the open door policy to speaking with upper management is great and should not be changed.

"Don't even think about working there!"

Former Employee - Yes Man in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Yes Man in Boston, MA

I worked at Karmaloop full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free booze and unprofessional workplace, if you are right out of school and want to meet people and party this place would be okay, but once you are serious about a career you will leave no doubt.

Cons

This place is a mess for a true professional person. It is overloaded with politics, and run by people who are clueless about how to manage a real company.

Almost every department has been turned over completely within a years time. The business model is simple tell small vendors we will make you rich have them send you clothes on credit sell them for less than the amount you bought them for, but who cares your not going to pay the small vendors anyway so its all profit.

The company also made several press releases about how they are going to make 200 million in 2012, and I have been waiting for them to release that info, but it still hasn't been released for some reason, i wonder why?

They will never go public because of poor management, and if they ever do go public say good bye to the CEO and COO which would save that company or ultimately they will go bankrupt.

Advice to Management

Turn the company over to a real management team, you would make a lot more money.