Kaseya - Excellent work experience | Glassdoor

"Excellent work experience"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Kaseya full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, telecommute options, good benefits

Cons

Limited scope for development growth

Advice to Management

More communication is needed to all levels of company. More structure in the development process. Do not allow too many adhoc solutions to infiltrate the product

Other Employee Reviews for Kaseya

"Confused...they never share information. Bad Communication from management"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Tampa, FL

Pros

Good people and nice work/life balance.

Cons

No Communication; No respect for basic human etiquitte; No feedback; And they let people go with no notice/reason constantly. Don't take this job unless you dont' have any other options.

Advice to Management

Quit letting good people go without any communication/reasoning. Your practice almost seems that you are hiring people from other competitors just to keep them out of the industry. Just an observation.

"The only constant is change"

Pros

The only constant is change - in this case, I believe the change is going in the right direction. Change was definitely needed and I am glad that new management is stepping up and addressing important issues such as staffing, compensation, employee morale, product defects, and building strong relationships with our customers. But remember, this doesn’t happen overnight. I have seen some negative reviews and I think it is because people cannot accept change (they are stuck in their old ways) and don’t understand that in order to get better, you need to work harder.

I was part of the team back when Kaseya was being led by the original owners and although it wasn't perfect - the employee morale and customer relationships were healthier. Employees would feel confident talking to anyone in the company, including the CEO and President. Why? Because they took the time to interact with their employees - regardless of what their position was. They also took the time to engage our customers - which is extremely important and why I am employed. Once the original owners sold in 2013, that new management team just royally messed it up. All they cared about was making money and they didn't realize that keeping their employees and most importantly their customers happy was key.

Now, although its been a year, we are still in the process of recuperating from the previous management. We are now being led by our new CEO, Fred Voccola, and I am SO happy. I have to say, we are moving along GREAT! The executive team is so much friendlier and transparent with their employees (reminds me again of how it used to be). Also, very important - they are taking the time to reach out to our customers (via phone AND traveling around the world to meet them in person) to obtain their feedback. Then, the executives share that feedback with us (the employees) so we understand what we need to improve on AND what we are doing right. Letting employees know what they are doing right is just as important as letting them know what they are doing wrong. It gives them motivation to keep going AND to serve our customers BETTER!

I have been a proud Kaseyan since day #1 and 6 years later, I still love what I do. Kaseya is great and the people I work with are amazing! There is definitely still a lot of work to do - but if we continue to work as a team with good leadership, we will definitely go far!

And no, I was not asked to write this review. This review comes from my years here experiencing the good and bad, and putting in a whole lot of hard work.

Cons

If you are not up for a fast paced environment, then this is not for you. You must also be customer centric and put the customer first.

Advice to Management

Keep fixing the product, beefing up support, and listening to customers - we will go far! And keep being transparent with your employees.