Kaweah Delta Health Care District - I loved working for the district, it's a big hospital being new I never felt comfortable, staff wasn't always friendly. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaweah Delta Health Care District

"I loved working for the district, it's a big hospital being new I never felt comfortable, staff wasn't always friendly."

Former Employee - HUC/Patient Care Coordinator in Visalia, CA
Former Employee - HUC/Patient Care Coordinator in Visalia, CA

Pros

Great place to work lots of opportunities to grow and advance.

Cons

Being new was hard worked for 8 months and never felt comfortable, or made any friends.

Advice to Management

If someone is wearing something against dress code let them know right away not after wearing it 3-4 times and then tell you in your 6 month review, made me feel bad and embarrassed.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaweah Delta Health Care District

1. "KDHCD: A small town hospital that isn't anymore but the culture hasn't changed with the times."

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Visalia, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Visalia, CA

Pros

1. People
    2. Benefits
    3. Opportunity
    4. Pay is competitive.

Cons

1. Executive Leadership disconnected with how hospital truly operates.
    2. Physician/Staff culture: very much an "us" vs. 'them' culture.

Advice to Management

Spend time with your staff. Not just a few minutes, but actually spend a 12 hour shift with a nurse, or an 8 hour shift with a non-clinical staff member to experience first hand what their job is like. We really feel that you are quite disconnected with the reality of what it is to work here.

"Think about leaving your current job, before coming to Kaweah"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Pros

I Have a job. Some of the co workers are awesome

Cons

Lack of training. Managers and Coordinators dont have a college education or health care experience. Managers and Coordinators are allowed to talk to an employee any way they want without getting into trouble. Higher up has no clue what goes on in each department, Managers and Directors tell whatever they want to hear and they believe them. Money is wasted leaving the employees with no raises. If you dont have a BA degree you dont get a 3.00 an hr raise, the monkeys spinning the wheel arent appreciated they're lucky if they get a couple of cents. Higher ups need to come and do our job for our pay..

Advice to Management

Get a college education and experience in the Medical Field. Take a communication class to learn how to speak to people. Remember where you came from and stop kissing up