Kayako - Extremely challenging startup | Glassdoor

"Extremely challenging startup"

I have been working at Kayako full-time

Pros

No bureaucracy. Flat company. Truly challenging tasks.

Cons

Still learning and implementing processes

Advice to Management

Speed up!

Kayako2014-09-16

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Was a great place to work"

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Kayako full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team all helped each other, great perks, lots of flexibility. But it is under new management now, so things have changed drastically

Cons

Under new ownership / management, so can't say it's anything like it used to be.

Advice to Management

none

Kayako2019-01-17
  2. "A company that feels like family"

Former Contractor - Customer Support Advocate

I worked at Kayako for more than a year

Pros

To start with the work-related pros pre-acquisition, the company offered unlimited vacation days, covered basic benefits that professionals of my country of residence receive at a typical office job, and concrete onboarding steps for new hires to settle in and start work. Culture-wise, the company was like family. Everyone celebrated each other's achievements and wins while offering enough support for learning... curves and mistakes made at work. When I was still freelancing, I only had myself to rely on in every aspect of the job. When I joined, I had plenty of teammates who helped me get up to speed and who relied on my specialties to provide excellent service to customers.

Cons

The starting salary offered had to be based on my country of residence, so it was just enough to get through each month. And because of the acquisition, I couldn't take part of the yearly reviews that allowed me to negotiate for higher pay or a promotion. There were times when people on the teams I worked with were too busy to help me answer customer inquiries or sort through issues and bugs with the product.... There wasn't enough room and time for me to grow my skills and knowledge, which sometimes made me feel less motivated. Though if the acquisition didn't happen, I probably would have been able to experience the above.

Advice to Management

This is to the current management that purchased Kayako: treat your employees like family. Give people the time they need for self-care and to do their best work, all without worrying about money they have to deduct from their monthly pay.

Kayako2018-08-31

Discover more reviews about Kayako.