Kearney & Company - Work hard, play hard. | Glassdoor

"Work hard, play hard."

Former Employee - Audit Manager in Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - Audit Manager in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Kearney & Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for Kearney for 6 years and I really enjoyed it. Its hard work, and your experience is dependent on the project that you are you assigned to and your managing partner, but overall it was a rewarding experience. There is a lot of room for growth, but the expectation is that you take the first step and earn your CPA or a certification relevant to your business group. Another thing i loved about Kearney is that they take care of their people, they appreciate your hard work, and they seem to genuinely care about your happiness and well being.

Cons

This firm still has some growing pains, but they taking the steps to address these issues.

Other Employee Reviews for Kearney & Company

"Best Company I have worked for"

Current Employee - Staff II Accountant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Staff II Accountant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Kearney & Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The company culture and corporate social responsibility is impressive.
    -Communication from management has always had a solid degree of transparency
    -Paid overtime or the option to bank comp time for overtime hours
    -It really seems like Kearney's senior management puts their people before profits
    -Company parties are fun, great food, well put together
    -Reimbursement for travel expenses like metro and parking to and from engagement sites
    -Coffee machines in the office (I know a lot of places have this, but it's still nice)
    -Approachable and open management team
    -Benefits-they pay a big chunk of the cost for CPA exam prep course (Becker's, etc)

Cons

Kearney has little downside that I have seen. Some of the other posts say salary is a con, but that's not really true. Compare someone who works 50+ hours in another audit firm to someone who works 50+ hours at Kearney, the other guy gets nothing for the extra work, the Kearney guy gets overtime. Overall, the best company I have worked for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I was excited the first day I started at Kearney and am glad I made the decision to come on board. I love the company culture. You guys made a real statement at the all hands meeting yesterday, great job!

"Best accounting firm to work for in the DC area, guaranteed!"

Current Employee - Supervisory Senior in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Supervisory Senior in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Kearney & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company pays overtime, which is basically unheard of in public accounting. They also host great events (casino night, golf tourney, holiday party, etc.) and have plenty of athletic teams to play on. It's a young and fun company that is always active in something and most people are a lot of fun to work with.

Cons

It's public accounting work, which is not the most interesting work in the world.

Advice to Management

They are very trustworthy and seem to always looking out for everyones well being