Keiser University - Overall Okay Experience | Glassdoor

"Overall Okay Experience"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Keiser University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They hire almost fresh out of undergrad and it is an opportunity to gain real world work experience.

Cons

Sales driven and micro managed environment

Other Employee Reviews for Keiser University

"Do not work here. Terrible people work here"

Former Employee - Fina in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Fina in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Keiser University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none if you are a smart person with integrity

Cons

weak manager, other people in power are bullies and extremely unprofessional. this place runs like a small mom and pop shop. they exist almost totally on nepitism. everyone is someone's sister, mother, brother, best friend, cousin, etc. so there are alot of people in positions that did not earn them therefore they have no idea what they are doing. This was the worst job I ever had.

Advice to Management

grow a backbone and support your staff. for the bullies, you are worthless and dumb. you only have your job because of who you know, not what you know. you did not earn your position so don't act like all high and mightly and proud of yourself. you won't be able to get a job with a reputable company.

2. "I am thankful to work for such a great University."

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Keiser University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It’s rare to work anywhere where you can go to the top if you want to talk about something. People on campus know the leadership, and in turn feel they can go to anyone for help. I have never seen a door slammed on someone who was looking to work hard and develop the skills necessary to do a great job. Most of the Leaders really know what makes their employees tick. It makes a huge difference to me to really be passionate about what I do and who I can help.

Cons

Before I came to Keiser I had experience working at four other schools of higher education. As many of you know life is not always perfect at every work place. Sometimes a few bad apples can ruin it for everyone. However people do change and sometimes you have to give people an opportunity to make a difference. The staff that work hard and truly care about what they do can leave and feel good about what they do.

Advice to Management

I admire the hard work and dedication Dr. Keiser has done for not only the staff, the university but the state of Florida. Many times I see graduates in the community doing well and they always ask if I have a card so they can send me a friend or family member that needs help with getting back into school. I am thankful to work for such a great University.