Keller Mortgage - Fair Review | Glassdoor

"Fair Review"

Current Employee - Mortgage Closer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Keller Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work remote, closing manager very professional and knowledgeable.

Cons

No procedures, payscale is basically the same instead of paying based on experience. This is the reason I’m seeking other employment. It would be foolish of me to remain with employers who cannot appreciate my experience and pay me the same as a closer with little experience

Advice to Management

Invest in good employees and hire management that can contribute to implementing procedures and train all to be mortgage professionals

Keller Mortgage2019-04-06

Other Employee Reviews

"Great Company to work for!"

I have been working at Keller Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Every day I feel like I am part of a TEAM and we work together! I feel valued and able to give suggestions and ask questions. Very knowledgeable management and team. Fast pace and a lot of room for growth! Remote positions and PTO are great.

Cons

No 401K match, hear that is in the works.

Advice to Management

With this fast growth don't loose sight of the environment that is currently in place. Continue to value your employees and they will continue to work hard to exceed expectations.

Keller Mortgage2019-03-18
  2. "How does this company make money?"

Current Employee - Underwriter

I have been working at Keller Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Remote option for some positions * Pay generally on market value for underwriting * Everyone on the team seems to be nice

Cons

* Disorganization in company structure and training * Dissolved one underwriting department within 2 months of starting * Unclear how a company of 4-500 people with over 100 underwriters doing mostly pre-approvals makes any money. Most of those people were hired in the last two months. Fall through rate on pre-approvals is 40-50% and they closed 1000 loans last month. With their zero-plus program they make no underwriting,...

Advice to Management

Keller has owned this company for over 2 years, and it existed for at least 10 years before acquisition as Fearon Financial. If you don't know what you're doing by now, you aren't going to figure it out soon.

Keller Mortgage2019-05-09

Discover more reviews about Keller Mortgage.