Keller Williams - #1 Real Estate Company for training and personal growth. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Keller Williams

"#1 Real Estate Company for training and personal growth."

Current Employee - Team Leader in Billings, MT
Current Employee - Team Leader in Billings, MT

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ongoing weekly training for new or experienced agents.

Cons

Need more agents to share experience with office.

Other Employee Reviews for Keller Williams

"Watch your time and your fees"

Former Employee - Realtor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Realtor in Tampa, FL

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Structured environment is good
    Very professional

Cons

Office fees and rent can be high
    Watch your volunteer time- it's easy to get side tracked

Advice to Management

I only gave one star for career opportunities and benefits because you are self employed, therefore, there are no benefits. The training schedule is packed with fresh, current training. Most agents are helpful. That is the culture of kw. Some agents have ownership in the office or have a "down line" that you may be so of course they want you to succeed . You will be asked to teach classes or mentor or if you produce and are part of the top 20 percent, you will be asked to be a part of the alc or agent leadership council. This council makes decisions for the office, including the financials. It's a great idea but if you are a one agent show, it can be too much extra work in addition to your business. You will be pressured to attend kw retreats and conferences which are very expensive. Every office is different but mine was $21,000 to "cap" or pay in 21k in splits before you get to 100 pcnt split for the remaining year. I was there 5 years and capped every year so that's over 100k I gave them. That's quite high for training. I also paid for office and copies and of course all my business expenses. Monthly bills from kw were getting out of control. My bill ran over $225 per month. Sounds low but you add your realtor fees, gas, business fees, CPA, etc and it was high. I ended up going back to my old broker because I had an office and admin help with no monthly fees. I only paid in when I sold. I have nothing negative to say about kw, but you really need to be selling about 4 million per year minimum to afford to work there no make a real living to actually support yourself and pay your bills. In today's market where banks barely pay 2.5 pct and the list agent takes another $300 in mls fees you can walk away with like $700 after 4 months of work.

"A great place to start out in real estate..."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-cap on your split with the company (100% commissions after your split is met)
    -a great sense of camaraderie and team culture
    -good lead-generation focused training
    -encourages an entrepreneurial spirit

Cons

-lack of traditional training in basic skill sets when starting out
    -multi-level setup overly encourages a focus on "down-line building" for their profit share concept
    -you may feel like you're fending for yourself for awhile, until you establish some sales

Advice to Management

Focus on training brand -new recruits, who often have absolutely no idea what they're supposed to be doing with their time. Take the focus off of the company and how great it is, and focus more on what you can do for you sales associates.

I was very impressed to be contacted directly by the President of the company, when a major issue came up. (i reached out to her directly, and she actually called me back) She resolved my issue immediately. That was truly classy, and a memorable, impressive experience. Keep it up.