Keller Williams - Awesome learning experience! | Glassdoor

"Awesome learning experience!"

Current Contractor - Real Estate Agent in Manassas, VA
Current Contractor - Real Estate Agent in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Keller Williams as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The training that they give you is arguably some of the best in the business, from Ignite for new and transfer agents, to BOLD and Lead Gen 36:12:3 for those wanting to take their business to the next level. Company culture is amazing, agents always willing to help each other succeed.

Cons

Only thing that I could think of is an easier system for technology, and maybe lower office fees.

Other Employee Reviews for Keller Williams

1. "You WILL make money here!"

Current Contractor - Real Estate Agent in Fairfax, VA
    Current Contractor - Real Estate Agent in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Keller Williams as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Profit sharing, latest tech tools, emphasis on Lead Generation. Unique in being an interdependent company with open books. Agents cooperate, not compete.

Cons

emphasis on production over service. Frequently new agents don't know enough agency law prior to running appointments,

Advice to Management

Maybe have an orientation for new agents - more than this is the coffee pot here's the printer -- an immersion in company culture..

"I worked for all offices on the West Side."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really did trust me to do my job. I was given my duties and left to complete them so long as I made my deadlines. I was able to work remotely three days of the week as well. They are a very philanthropic company that does truly try to give back. They are very pro work-life balance and host many events for their employees.

Cons

This is not a review from a Realtor, so for a Realtor, it may be a very different experience there. It was very hard to contact anyone in charge if I was having issues. All the offices were independently owned and there was continuous contention between the owners, each wanting things done their ways. I quite often got stuck in the middle of office politics with one deeming me and my position unnecessary and one one telling me I'm doing a great job. I never knew where I stood in my position. I also never felt that the manager of the actual office I was hired through had my back in anything. You never get a sense of where you stand and there is no chance of advancement. They are also very stingy on salary.

Advice to Management

Learn to get along with one another and make decisions that are for the benefit of the company as a whole as opposed to what each owner wants for themselves. Don't put employees in awkward positions when it comes to office politics.