Kellogg Company - Good Opportunities | Glassdoor

"Good Opportunities"

Former Employee - Territory Manager
Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Kellogg Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent Managers-not self-centered
plenty of promotion opportunities
great benefit structure for employee and family
family oriented

Cons

can work long hours
pay and pay increases not on par with rivals and relative to benefit and cost of living increases needs to be looked at seriously

Advice to Management

look at pay scales for retail snacks division--out of line from main competitors

Other Employee Reviews for Kellogg Company

1. "Great company to work with."

Former Employee - Zonal Sales Manager in New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Zonal Sales Manager in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Kellogg Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced learning and innovation driven

Cons

Limited product range and narrow product lines

Advice to Management

na

"During my first 5 years in the company, it was great, but now, I do not know where we are heading"

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You meet a lot of people in the field. Good benefits.

Cons

Hard to balance work and family life. Unreasonable amount of "Auto Ship" to the store and unreasonable budget every week. The relationship you build in the store are wasted. I invested my own money ( $2,000 ) to buy a newer car and the reimbursement rate is unreasonable. After I bought the car of which the first payment will be in my pocket really sucks, no assistance was extended, took the car insurance from a company affiliated with Kellogg's which I thought was a really bargain ended paying more. BTW, I also paid my first month insurance. After a couple of days of buying my own car, they revised the requirements because most of the people couldn't buy a car, for now, they can drive with not so new car and that made me really mad. Inconsiderate and insensitive.

Advice to Management

All of us are aiming the success but if you keep pushing everyone in the company, we might end up in a deadlock situation, write more unsaleable's, refusals and people leaving the company. If you want more sales, invest in space in each client just like our competitor, price must be competitive to attract more customers and force your account manager's to deal with the big guns so all of us can win. The account managers should be held liable also not just the reps and tsr's. Store Managers and Grocery Managers are running away every time they see us soliciting a free space. You should be more Pro-People because we are in the battle ground every single day, take good care of your people in the field, not just the profits.