KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee

Registration Process In Becoming A Substitute For Kelly Educational System

Feb 1, 2010 - Substitute Teacher in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Kelly Educational System is the best place to start out for non-education majors interested in becoming teachers. The process in Houston, Tx. was easy and quick. There were a variety of schools and subjects that one could teach and the pay was above that offered in other substitute pools and school districts around the area. Not only is the staff helpful but the KASS website (The Substitute support tool) a great help as well.

Cons

The only one that I have encountered so far is the ability to move within the Kelly Educational System from state to state. When I chose to relocate to New Orleans, La. I immediately called the local office there to schedule an interview (as suggested by my contact person in Houston) a sort of get to know you session and was immediately met with chaos. My interview was scheduled for 3 months away, and within that interview I should be ready to perform tests, and display skills all of which was done initially in Houston. I was also told that I should expect to be in the office for 3-4 hours. I was taken aback by this I guess because of my thought that since I was already in the system an working as an active Sub that I could just make the move and be placed in assignments within 2-3 weeks time. Outside of that incident everything else was fine.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Substitute Teaching

May 25, 2022 - Substitute Teacher in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

High level of flexibility, you essentially get to pick your own work days. Minimum work requirement was to work 2 days in a 45 day period.

Cons

From experience, I always preferred substitute teaching for high schools however, this required waking up prior to 5am to as most the listings for that age group would be posted on the same day.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It was okay

Jun 22, 2022 - Substitute Teacher in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a ton of flexibility

Cons

Any half decent school district pays low. To make a decent wage, you have to sub at really rough schools

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Kelly Educational Staffing.