Kelly Services - Don't work for them as a Contractor at Covidien in Boulder, CO | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kelly Services

"Don't work for them as a Contractor at Covidien in Boulder, CO"

Former Employee - Engineer in Boulder, CO
Former Employee - Engineer in Boulder, CO

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Short wait for employment, ok pay, average health insurance.

Cons

You must wait six months for your first holiday to be paid as a contractor. No matching 401K, No vacation or sick time. They make promises that you MIGHT be hire on later but don't back it up to several employees in Boulder, Colorado at Covidien. Long term contract does not always mean long term. A two year contract can be only 15 months. Their bonus only works on full calander time not how long you been there. It is like Daily work - daily pay except you don't have to ride in a back of a truck to get to your job site.

Advice to Management

You are not a very good placement service for Temp-to-hire. Only users for cheap labor.

Other Employee Reviews for Kelly Services

1. "Great place to work for."

Former Employee - Mail Examiner in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Mail Examiner in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I met there were very friendly and welcoming (this was my first job). If given the chance I'd absolutely work for them again, even as a temp.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons for working for this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job.

"Low pay"

Former Employee - Catastrophe Claims Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Kelly Services makes it possible for workers to get into some companies that are hiring low- skilled or even high-skilled workers, and this provides an opportunity for many individuals who need to learn new skills or improve on their existing skills.

Cons

Their pay scale is very low. You may be working beside people from other employment agencies who are being paid up to $4 or more per hour than you are getting from Kelly, and when they do give a raise you can expect it to be in increments of $.25/hour over an extended period of time.

Advice to Management

Loved my manager! But she did not hold the purse strings.