Kelly Services - My experience with Kelly Services. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kelly Services

"My experience with Kelly Services."

Current Contractor - At-home Chat Agent in Sarasota, FL
Current Contractor - At-home Chat Agent in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Recruiters were very professional and concerned with how my assignment was working out. Very understanding when I had to resign from the assignment and even offered me other positions.

Cons

The only con was mixup on my first check, no fault of my own, but I had to wait until the following pay period. Luckily, I did not need the money right away or this could have been a problem.

Advice to Management

If there is an error in payroll do not make employees suffer for payroll's mistakes.

Other Employee Reviews for Kelly Services

1. "Great flexibility, very competitive in regards to jobs."

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Kelly Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible schedule, good pay per diem.

Cons

Competitiveness and lack of work makes it necessary for me to have to take another job.

"Public company managed like a small family business -- in a bad way"

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of services/groups/geographies that generate many types of roles. Great place to hide if you just want a 9-4 job where you can go into cubicle, stay out of trouble, get out.

Cons

VERY political career development culture -- if you are a buddy of an exec, you get promoted and left alone. If not, you watch other less-skilled colleagues get new jobs (and more $$$) despite their lack of intelligence/skill. This is no secret. Epitome of "who you know, not what you know:" Very top-loaded, bureaucratic organization structure that is constantly re-orged in the effort to 'innovate and change', but results don't change.

Advice to Management

Sooner or later, market share and profit margins (constantly declining over past 10 years) will make it ripe for sale/acquisition -- one theory is that senior management and execs all treading water until they get to sell their stock in that case. One interesting note: there is very little turnover at senior ranks, primarily because headhunters and other companies don't feel there's enough talent there to poach -- I have had headhunters and other executives share this opinion.