Kelly Services - KellyConnect/Apple Project!! | Glassdoor

"KellyConnect/Apple Project!!"

Former Employee - IPhone Advisor for APPLE, INC in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - IPhone Advisor for APPLE, INC in Dallas, TX

Pros

Having the ability to work in the private of one's own home was a great benefit. Not having to deal with rush hour traffic on a daily basis was also a great reason.

Cons

No one knows what the right hand or left hand is doing at any given time. Promising to pay you for hours in a written email then turn around and take back what they said was horrible. I worked on this project for six months.. Yes SIX months. I can count a few hundred that did not make it based off of there needs/wants of Apple. Management is all about who you know, not what you know. You can't hide matrix in a virtual environment. Not promoting top performers is a great reason to dodge this place. I caring about your employee's is harsh. Caring about their client paying them is what they cared about. Winning an iPod after 6 solid months over those that won bigger prizes being with the company less then myself. But, like with any job it is all about who you know and not what you know. Sure there are ups and downs of every company. KellyConnect/Apple was the worst yet. Apple, Inc. orginally had the project with Volt Workforce Solutions and lost the contract to Kelly Services because Kelly bid for the contact was less of what Volt wanted. Volt started out at $14.00 as an iPhone advisor as KellyConnect starts out at $9.15 an hour with a bonus that they kept changing to keep one from making. The highest the bonus pay out is was like $68.00. This company will stick you in the face, and not the back. When the economy the way it is. Any job back in May 2010 was agreeable up until this point. When one door closes trust me another opens!!!

Advice to Management

Get you're act together, and stop over looking the top performers then lie to them and not promote them. Why would you fire all the old team leads then bring in all new ones. The KellyConnect site will not ever make 90%. They haven't in 6 months what makes you believe you will now? LOL Lastly I can't wait until Apple pulls the plug!!!! It won't be too much longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mark MY WORDS!!

Other Employee Reviews for Kelly Services

1. "It's better than retail"

Former Employee - Mail Clerk in Belleville, MI
    Former Employee - Mail Clerk in Belleville, MI

Pros

My coworkers were fun and energetic. We were only required to work Monday through Friday and we had holidays off. We also got paid every Friday.

Cons

There weren't very many opportunities due the economy in Michigan. The projects didn't last very long either, maybe three or four months, at the most.

When I requested to have one day off for my son's 1st birthday, I was told that I couldn't because there were too many requests from other employee's that weekend. I even asked two weeks in advance. They did meet me have way and let me leave early.

Advice to Management

Try to be a little more understanding when it comes to an employee wanting to celebrate their only child's first birthday. It does only happen once in a lifetime, after all.

"Kelly Services is a complete insult to the job market, even as a temp agency"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Chute, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Chute, WI

Pros

- Your hourly compensation is at least fair for certain work
    - You have some choice in what company to work for

Cons

- They are very unreasonable and uncaring: It is almost definite you will be terminated for even the slightest slip up without as much as a hint until the decision is made
    - They blindly do whatever they are told by their contractors: If a manager of one of Kelly Services contractor companies calls in about a problem with one of their workers, Kelly won't even ask for, or need, a reason to terminate that worker, making it very hard to take them seriously, even as a temp. agency.
    - You can't achieve any wage increases, you can't receive full-time benefits, and you gain nothing from putting more effort in your work
    - They never plan ahead, telling you frequently, and at random, that work at your job is too slow to need your help at that time
    - If you're not currently working at one of their contractors they will call you on the phone at random, sometimes with just a day's or couple hours notice if you can come into work at a job

Advice to Management

The terrible management at your Appleton and Little Chute offices are giving you a bad name throughout the area, so if you can find better management to put there you should.