KellyOCG - Lack of stability, total misuse of the term "flex employee" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for KellyOCG

"Lack of stability, total misuse of the term "flex employee""

I worked at KellyOCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a recent college graduate and this was my first job post-graduation; they hired me on rather quickly. I was fortunate to get experience working with multiple clients, multiple client systems, and different recruiting processes. This helped me get a lot of experience rather quickly, which helped me obtain my current job with a different company. Most of my direct supervisors and managers were great, upper manager was not nice. The one time they told me I was being laid off from the client I worked on they did help me find a similar position within the company for a different client.

Cons

I worked there for almost a year and a half and was considered a "flex' employee the whole time, which really meant a temp worker. There was nothing ''flex' about my schedule. I worked a typical M-F 8-5 like everyone else; the only time flex really came into the picture was when work was short and they 'flexed' my hours down. I was not eligible for benefits, which I made known to my manager, but got excuse after excuse why I could not be made a permanent employee. I got shifted from programs and positions a few times. Seniority never went with you when you changed programs or positions, so if you got shifted to something new, you were back at the end of the line trying to become a permanent employee. You also get paid way less when you're a flex than a permanent employee and both are doing the same exact job. The worst employees who worked the least always seemed to be the managers favorites. They are constantly losing clients to other RPOs.

Advice to Management

Retain your hardworking employees and do not make them wait around forever to get benefits. Many good people leave for this sole reason alone.

Other Employee Reviews for KellyOCG

1. "Work hard, people are committed, growth"

I have been working at KellyOCG full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

KellyOCG is gaining new clients continuously so provides opportunity to learn new things, stretch yourself and bond with your team and client.

Cons

Can be long hours, last minute client requests and creativity needed to determine now to accomplish something

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize your employees, push tools out and keep forum open for ideas to be shared and nurtured.

"Overall good experience"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at KellyOCG full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- people (peers)
    - customer diversity
    - ability to build and leverage an internal network

Cons

- limited growth at more senior levels
    - conservative; less open to entrepreneurial or innovative ideas and test-kitchen mentality
    - at a certain level within the organization you either fit-in or you don't ... and if you don't, you leave

Advice to Management

Overall, a good experience however leadership has an opportunity to cultivate individuals who seek to push barriers and provide an environment where they have support to try different things.