Kemin Industries - Kemin is a great place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kemin Industries

"Kemin is a great place to work."

Pros

The company was very positive and open to change over time. I had only a part-time temporary internship but I felt very welcome and accepted, and all employees were quick to aid me in my endeavors. I had the opportunity to see different aspects of the business. While I primarily did data entry, my superiors tried to include me on important aspects of their jobs as well.

Cons

The company had very lofty goals that made the work seem meaningless at times. The work I performed was mundane, but I served the purpose of my post. I was hired by one manager, whom left after just a few months, and afterwards I didn't have much direction.

Advice to Management

Make sure to inform new employees of expected results.

Other Employee Reviews for Kemin Industries

1. "International"

Pros

het is een heerlijk bedrijf om voor te werken,
    Amerikaanse insteek met nadruk op teambuilding en erkennen van uitzonderlijke prestaties

Cons

Grote competitiviteit en stress veroorzaakt wat de prestaties niet ten goede komt

"Mostly sunny with a few rain clouds"

I worked at Kemin Industries full-time

Pros

Kemin is an exciting company to work for with long-term employment prospects. The company is growing and presents many opportunities to advance and take on meaningful work. I liked the owning family members that I met during my time there and found them to be down-to-earth and intelligent. A good majority of people working at Kemin fit that criteria as well. The campus itself is really nice and the new building is really neat as it comes with a gym, Starbucks, and a cafe.

Cons

A select minority of managers are still in their current position even though they have a recorded history and reputation of mistreating and disenfranchising employees. Try to uncover the history of the manager and position you are applying for during an interview. Also, the politics can get nauseating, frustrating, and in the way of good momentum and energy. Arrogance and finger-pointing tends to rear its head as well.

Advice to Management

Clearly define what Servant Leadership is and isn't and point out the examples that should be followed. Publicly denounce finger-pointing and create a culture where it is okay to be honest and self-accountable.