Kemira - Good Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great people to work with. Everyone works hard but there is a lot of room for innovation in every job.

Cons

Work life balance is an issue. Kemira runs very lean which leaves little back up support. Sometigs the European senior managment does not fully grasp north American issues.

Other Employee Reviews for Kemira

1. "Get up stand-up"

Current Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

senoir management appears to have nagigated our company well through the most recent economic downturn. I am hopefull that this was a result of forsight and not dumb luck.

Cons

The relationship between effort and performance to reward appears not to exist. Most people operate as if this is true and put forth effort towards goals that ARE rewarded. These appear to be blind compliance to management directives even at the detriment of business objectives.

Advice to Management

Get some backbone. You express privately your disagreement with senior management, but are not willing to take a risk to express an improved path of action if it contradicts senior management. Long term this will strategy will not pay off for any of us.

2. "it's a nice environment to work though communication may take longer that expected."

Former Employee - Marketing Technical Specialist in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Technical Specialist in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

The time is hard for a lot of chemical companies. Kemira treats people well. Though I only work there for a short period, I like the people in my team. All the team members support each other like a big family.

Cons

High percentage of traveling , global technical support system, and IT support are the downsides. I was frustrated with IT staff a couple of times when dealing with cell phone and notebook. Global expert team may take longer time to provide a much needed help. Pretrial coordination is very important to reach success.

Advice to Management

Improve the communication and faster supply of chemicals to the fields.