Kennametal - Very helpful and educational | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kennametal

"Very helpful and educational"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Latrobe, PA
Current Employee - IT Analyst in Latrobe, PA

Pros

The staff are great people to work with. They are very understanding of everything and only want the best for you. If you are a motivated individual the sky is the limit for you.

Cons

Work days can be long

Other Employee Reviews for Kennametal

1. "Exciting place to work with a lot of opportunities to learn"

Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Latrobe, PA
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Latrobe, PA

Pros

Good workplace, good management, excellent colleagues and quick improvement and nice hike in salary and vacation. Nice cafeteria and nice people

Cons

Less starting salary when compared to other similar places, Colleagues are of the 35-60 age category with a majority on the 45-60 range. Experienced people but take a long time to pass things.

2. "Better than average for this area(Traverse City, MI)."

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Traverse City, MI

Pros

Decent pay. Good overtime for some departments. You have to really screw up big time to get fired(which might be considered a "con" too) They are really understanding about fitting your home life with work. They let me take long lunches when I took college classes, and let me come in late when I need to pick up my kids. Good tuition reimbursement program. They paid tens of thousands of dollars for my BS and encouraged me to get it, even though my job barely requires a HS Diploma. They seem to be good about letting one advance if they are willing to move around the country.

Cons

A lot of politics goes on here. The people who wine/tattle/b*tch the most get their way. They are also overzealous about safety, or at least appearing to be safe. It's to the point where it is getting hard to do our jobs.

Advice to Management

I think that they should bring back the bonus program or at least have some type of profit sharing program. I understand that times were tough for a while, but we seem to be getting tons of sales recently. Some kind of bonus system would motivate us to do what is in the best interests of the owners and management, and work towards a profitable company, not just getting hours.