Ketchum - Challenging at times, like any big agency, but focused on client service (not office intrigue) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ketchum

"Challenging at times, like any big agency, but focused on client service (not office intrigue)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

In a town and industry that can be frustratingly crowded with self promoters, the team at Ketchum is remarkably collegial, professional and dedicated to client service. From top to bottom, I'm not sure I've worked with a more talented, hard-working group of people.

Cons

I don't think there's anything unique to Ketchum that isn't problematic in the industry as a whole. Clients are demanding, hours can be long, and the job itself is stressful (but comes with high rewards).

Advice to Management

I know the company took significant steps to avoid laying off staff during the downturn, and I hope they show an equal dedication to sharing the benefits of a stronger performance this year.

Other Employee Reviews for Ketchum

1. "I have my dream job here at Ketchum. I have work-life balance and spend my days with intelligent, creative, fun people."

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in San Francisco, CA

Pros

In my field, Ketchum is recognized as a true leader. I have phenomenal resources from throughout the agency to help me and my team deliver top results to clients. We really care about doing excellent work and having a thriving workplace. We work with colleagues from different offices throughout our network and the Global Practice Leader for my specialty area is one of the brightest in the business.

Cons

Ketchum is owned by Omnicom, which is a publicly-traded company. As such, we must adhere to very strict rules and some procedures can be cumbersome.

2. "Fantastic place to start and grow your carrer in communications"

Current Employee - Vice President/Group Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President/Group Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Talented and creative staff, great clients and culture that fosters break through thinking

Cons

Very fast-paced environment that demands commitment