KeyStaff - Working with Keystaff has been a good experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for KeyStaff

"Working with Keystaff has been a good experience."

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Work with many companies
Multiple options
Payment every week

Cons

Temp work
Benefits could be better

Other Employee Reviews for KeyStaff

"not bad, not great"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

Pros

I feel lucky to have been given the opportunity to gain so much experience, as you do EVERYTHING here (recruiting, sales, account mngt, even back office stuff like writing procedures and dealing with payroll/invoicing issues and resolving problems created years ago in the company's fledgling stages). The small company has a work hard play hard atmosphere, but more of the former.

Cons

There is very little recognition for a job well done. Commission is a joke at 2% of gross margin, and selling a large new account would result in so much more work that it would be nearly unmanageable. All recruiters in the company feel really maxed out at any given time. There is no desire to move up in the company as "branch manager" is the only step upward and the co-owners micromanage branch mngrs to death. With no benefits, no 401k, and no opportunity for upward mobility, anyone would be stupid to spend too much time working here towards nothing.

Advice to Management

A giftcard and a snide remark do not create feelings of recognition and appreciation. Set tangible goals, and stop saying "when you prove yourself of value to this organization we will reward you." That is ominous and devaluing. ESPECIALLY don't say: "if I could replace you with a robot I would." Thanks. Keep those thoughts to yourself.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at KeyStaff (More than a year)

Pros

Alot of the negative reviews are from past employees who did not do things by the book, who forged client documents and lied about it once they got caught and/or they did not like to be held accountable for their mistakes (audits) and that is why they probably did not get commission. We are actually very lucky to be getting commission every quarter, in comparison to other staffing companies, they really don't give their constituents any type of bonus. KeyStaff is a good company to work for, it is very stressful at times because we are in the staffing business so yes it is like babysitting adults and we are in the customer service industry so put that together with everything = stress. KeyStaff is run by hardworking people who do everything by the book. Although it does stink as a recruiter to lose commission off of one detail, that detail can actually cost us several clients, and that is what some people fail to realize when they complain about how awful the commission plan is. Well tough, everything has repercussions and if you miss something on your audit that is not one else's fault but yours.

Cons

The stress is overwhelming SOMETIMES, but other than that it is nothing a recruiter can't handle.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing, keep allowing your constituents to grow!

KeyStaff Response

Mar 17, 2017 – Owner

Thank you so much! You are such a valuable member of the team. We're so lucky to have you!