Kidde Aerospace and Defense - Significant improvements made in the EH&S field in the past 5 years | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kidde Aerospace and Defense

"Significant improvements made in the EH&S field in the past 5 years"

Current Employee - EHS Coordinator in Wilson, NC
Current Employee - EHS Coordinator in Wilson, NC

I have been working at Kidde Aerospace and Defense full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great employees, opportunity to work with the employees in improvement projects. Support from my management.

Cons

Sometime difficult to impress upon senior management the importance of safety first

Advice to Management

Keep supporting Safety first!

Other Employee Reviews for Kidde Aerospace and Defense

1. "A revolving door company"

Former Contractor - Test Technician in Wilson, NC
    Former Contractor - Test Technician in Wilson, NC

I worked at Kidde Aerospace and Defense as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I must bite my lip to find anything good to say but the only thing good was a few nice employee's who were being set-up for the ultimate exit without a reason.

Cons

They hire you, give you 2 weeks to learn everything including things management doesn't know, have you train somebody new and likely at a lower pay scale and tell you not to come back. No reason, no explanation, no nothing after busting your butt for weeks. I saw this happen to a number of people there after an expensive relocation into the area. They couldn't care less about you, give you no tools to do your job, blame you for management problems and kick you out for no reason. If you take a job there, make sure to keep looking elsewhere because you'll need a new job quickly. Ask people you work with how long they've been there and you'll see that almost nobody has been there longer then 2 years and they are still temporary employee's. Terrible sweat shop atmosphere that is very crowded and unsafe. Many serious problems with the product are overlooked in favor of getting the numbers out. I'm sure the passengers of a Boeing 787 would appreciate that.

Advice to Management

Retire

2. "Former Export Compliance Employee"

Former Employee - Compliance in Wilson, NC
    Former Employee - Compliance in Wilson, NC

I worked at Kidde Aerospace and Defense full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NO Pros..you will get a pay check every 2 weeks.

Cons

This place is ran by Hamiliton Sundstrand pulling the strings, people are scared to speak up to management about concerns. People will stab you in the back to look good in front of Hamiliton Managers. Hamilton Managers in Trade Compliance or ITC are not subject matter experts. The tend to let outside attorneys deal with all Trade Compliance concerns and corrective actions. Moreover, the HR at Kidde are useless when it comes to very simple questions such as how can i apply for other roles, whats taking my benefits so long to become active, and other simple questions they are clueless. Also, there has been a lot of turn over recently, the VP of Kidde, GM, and Lead Export/Import Manager was fired in 2012.

Advice to Management

UTC Corporate needs to come in and do a complete sweep of all senior managers and replace all the Trade Compliance members at Windsor Locks, CT with more competent people.