Kidde - Great innovation company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kidde

"Great innovation company to work for"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Kidde full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Innovation, competitive, strong product and branding

Cons

Management is a bit Top heavy.

Advice to Management

Office culture is one that is a bit unhealthy to future brand growth. Too many brands under one umbrella.

Other Employee Reviews for Kidde

"Great learning experience, challenging work, lots of awesome co-workers, and tremendous opportunity to have huge impact"

Former Employee - Engineer in Ashland, MA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Ashland, MA

I worked at Kidde full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tremendous opportunity to have impact in an organization where everyone rallies around the mission of making live-saving products. Reward systems incentivize hard work and reward for it.

Cons

Work-load can be unbalanced overall within the organization, with some members being over-stretched while others are under-utilized.

2. "A revolving door company"

Former Contractor - Test Technician in Wilson, NC
    Former Contractor - Test Technician in Wilson, NC

I worked at Kidde as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I must bite my lip to find anything good to say but the only thing good was a few nice employee's who were being set-up for the ultimate exit without a reason.

Cons

They hire you, give you 2 weeks to learn everything including things management doesn't know, have you train somebody new and likely at a lower pay scale and tell you not to come back. No reason, no explanation, no nothing after busting your butt for weeks. I saw this happen to a number of people there after an expensive relocation into the area. They couldn't care less about you, give you no tools to do your job, blame you for management problems and kick you out for no reason. If you take a job there, make sure to keep looking elsewhere because you'll need a new job quickly. Ask people you work with how long they've been there and you'll see that almost nobody has been there longer then 2 years and they are still temporary employee's. Terrible sweat shop atmosphere that is very crowded and unsafe. Many serious problems with the product are overlooked in favor of getting the numbers out. I'm sure the passengers of a Boeing 787 would appreciate that.

Advice to Management

Retire