Kiddie Academy - great place to work | Glassdoor

"great place to work"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Nesconset, NY
Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Nesconset, NY

I worked at Kiddie Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun supportive place to work if you like working with kids

Cons

none that i can think of

Advice to Management

support your teachers

Other Employee Reviews for Kiddie Academy

1. "Sad to be moving on- really have loved KA!"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in League City, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in League City, TX

I have been working at Kiddie Academy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Owners and management are like family. They establish a great working environment. I have been attending college to finish my Early Childhood degree during my employment and they've really been great about working with my schedule. I love my co workers and am going to miss them :-( If I had children I would absolutely bring them here. They also let us do fun things like Jean Friday and pay for our continuing ed.

Cons

I think working with children in general can be hard some days. But any job will have hard days right? The director was supportive when we had issues though.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and the school will remain the best!

2. "Unappreciated."

Former Employee - Teacher in Holly Spring, NC
    Former Employee - Teacher in Holly Spring, NC

I worked at Kiddie Academy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Childcare discount ..That is it.

Cons

Lack of communication is number 1. There is no work life balance. Owners do not give raises unless you take classes no matter how wonderful of a teacher you are and you have to practically beg for that. Bonus at the end of the year is solely based on attendance which means if you are late more then twice in a year and called out more then once you are disqualified from getting it no matter how great of a teacher you are. They will not help you with your education expense at all. No sick day's and if you call out they take time away from you. The only reason I stayed is because i loved the children.

Advice to Management

Empathy, Treat people the way YOU want to be treated. Appreciate the GOOD employees you have. Stop rewarding people solely on their attendance that should only be a part of the bonus. COST OF LIVING RAISE!!!!!! Something anything would be nice. The only incentive to do better is the children otherwise there is NONE!!!!! And the Owner/Director needs to put the children first not her bank account.