KidsPeace - Great idea but poorly executed facility | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for KidsPeace

"Great idea but poorly executed facility"

Former Employee - Senior Childcare Worker in Ellsworth, ME
Former Employee - Senior Childcare Worker in Ellsworth, ME

I worked at KidsPeace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location is beautiful and staff are amazing for the most part. The potential is there for a great therapeutic environment.

Cons

The staff are mistreated by company and are not valued or rewarded, this thwarts any true therapeutic success for the children.

Advice to Management

Treat the staff as you want the children to be treated, there will be a trickle down effect and the staff will stay much longer. Less money will be spent on training and the overall cost to run the facility will go down.

Other Employee Reviews for KidsPeace

1. "Get's a bad wrap and many do not see the good done for the children in the community and at large"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at KidsPeace part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Growth opportunity, good training, some staff are very committed to enhancing their work environment and are very professional. I have had good managers and colleagues that work together very well.

Cons

There is no perfect place so I guess it depends on the reviewer. the only con I see is that sometimes they have to rely on individuals who are transient and not truly trying to become professionals in the field that they are working. this is always risky especially when working with children.

"Good experience, loved what I did, horrible administration and communication within the company"

Former Employee - Child Care Counselor II in Orefield, PA
    Former Employee - Child Care Counselor II in Orefield, PA

I worked at KidsPeace part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Give you purpose, great for psych/social work majors, good experience, exposes you to many things, interact with a wide variety of people, hands-on experience, receive a lot of training

Cons

Difficult situations, requires much patience, can be a very intense workplace, high turnover rate, administration is very flawed, horrible communication within the company, staff are not treated well by some higher-ups.

Advice to Management

Find a way to be more organized and communicate more, treat staff more objectively, treat staff with more respect.