Kiewit Corporation - Internship Adventure | Glassdoor

"Internship Adventure"

Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Kiewit Corporation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Spent a summer with the company while finishing up school. Had the opportunity to spend a Summer working in Dallas. Awesome people, lots of team building, free golf, and overall great time. Many people don't recognize MEC is a subsidiary to Kiewit - but you get the same experience if not better as a specialty contractor...

Cons

Have to be ready to hit the road. I am and I'm ready for some more.

Advice to Management

Advice to Senior Management - Something must be working. Keep 'er up..

Other Employee Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

"great place to work, but don't trust the management"

Former Contractor - Electrical Engineer in Lenexa, KS
    Former Contractor - Electrical Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Kiewit Corporation as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment was very positive from my perspective. While everyone seemed to have projects running behind this worked well for me. I was given positive reviews and was complemented that I was doing the work of 4 other people at my level of pay. Nearly everyone was friendly and professional.

Cons

After I had been contracted through another company for a 1 year contract with options to renew, I was suddenly let go after 6 months with no explanation other than that they didn't have enough work. When they were advertising for more employees in the same role they had let me go from less than a month later I could not get any response from anyone I had worked with or for in terms of being able to rejoin the company.

Advice to Management

Get some ethics

2. "Not the biggest, but the best"

Current Employee - Engineer in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is financially strong. The work is intersting and exciting. You get the chance to be a part of some great projects. The people who work throughout the organization are really nice, mostly pretty cool, and all very smart high achievers. The compensation is good in general, but what really makes it great is the world class health care and 401K.

Cons

You have to go where the work is, especially early in your career so that means having to move at the whim of management. Usually moves are a career opportunity, and the company does pay the expenses, but it makes it hard to form a life outside of work. When you are off a job and doing a home office type role you will have to do a lot of travel. The work is demanding so you work a lot of hours making it hard to find work-life ballance.