Kiewit Corporation - great place to work, but don't trust the management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kiewit Corporation

"great place to work, but don't trust the management"

Former Contractor - Electrical Engineer in Lenexa, KS
Former Contractor - Electrical Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Kiewit Corporation as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment was very positive from my perspective. While everyone seemed to have projects running behind this worked well for me. I was given positive reviews and was complemented that I was doing the work of 4 other people at my level of pay. Nearly everyone was friendly and professional.

Cons

After I had been contracted through another company for a 1 year contract with options to renew, I was suddenly let go after 6 months with no explanation other than that they didn't have enough work. When they were advertising for more employees in the same role they had let me go from less than a month later I could not get any response from anyone I had worked with or for in terms of being able to rejoin the company.

Advice to Management

Get some ethics

Other Employee Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

1. "Not the biggest, but the best"

Current Employee - Engineer in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is financially strong. The work is intersting and exciting. You get the chance to be a part of some great projects. The people who work throughout the organization are really nice, mostly pretty cool, and all very smart high achievers. The compensation is good in general, but what really makes it great is the world class health care and 401K.

Cons

You have to go where the work is, especially early in your career so that means having to move at the whim of management. Usually moves are a career opportunity, and the company does pay the expenses, but it makes it hard to form a life outside of work. When you are off a job and doing a home office type role you will have to do a lot of travel. The work is demanding so you work a lot of hours making it hard to find work-life ballance.

2. "Strong, Established company"

Former Employee - Business Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Business Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Kiewit Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company offers many training opportunities and offers a variety of job environments for an employee to succeed in. The pay is above average for the industry.

Cons

The company in lacking in communication due to vast decentralization. Like many construction companies you are required to be open to the possibility of moving if you are going to advance in the company.

Advice to Management

I would offer better channels of communication with all employees.