Killeen Independent School District - I am a substitute teacher and I fill in when teacher's are absent. | Glassdoor

"I am a substitute teacher and I fill in when teacher's are absent."

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Killeen, TX

I have been working at Killeen Independent School District full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The flexibility, hours, and off on weekends with family. are good for me. I do not have pay for day care because of the hours. I don't have to work I do not want too. I can pick and choose if I want to work that day or go to that school.

Cons

Some challenges for this job is when I go to new schools and the facility is not friendly. I may choose not to go that I wish.

Advice to Management

The schools that I have had worked with the principals and teachers were nice to me.

Killeen Independent School District2014-06-29

Other Employee Reviews

1. "KISD"

Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Killeen, TX

I worked at Killeen Independent School District part-time for less than a year

Pros

Killeen I.S.D. is a versatile work environment for substitute teachers K-12. I had the opportunity to work on various tasks and assignments for different grade levels K-12.

Cons

- Waiting for a month for the first paycheck is a bit lengthy, but overall it was a good experience.

Advice to Management

The information about how to be assigned as a substitute for the next school year could be communicated for a better understanding of what needs to be done.

Killeen Independent School District2019-04-29
  2. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager Nutrition in Killeen, TX

I have been working at Killeen Independent School District full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Surrounded by children. Great hours.

Cons

Not enough pay. Pay is prorated. Expensive insurance to purchase.

Advice to Management

Everyone needs to be on the same page.

Killeen Independent School District2019-08-09

Discover more reviews about Killeen Independent School District.