Kimball Electronics - Not very employee friendly. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kimball Electronics

"Not very employee friendly."

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Machine Operator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kimball Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For the most part they have steady and reasonable work hours. Also fairly good vacation time. Currently they are trying to address some of the issues that have plagued this company for awhile.

Cons

Morale at this facility is at rock bottom. They haven't given raises in years, not even small cost of living raises. Employees are constantly being asked to take on more and more work without compensation to match. Before Kimball Inc. took over this company, we had free coffee, now replaced by a machine that doesn't work half the time. We used to get an extra 15 minutes for lunch once a month. That has been taken away We used to get 2 brakes and lunch. They took away one of the brakes. We used to have once a month birthday parties for all employees whose birthday fell within that month. That too has been eliminated by management and HR's attitude towards employees.

Advice to Management

Employee morale needs a boost in a big way. Give us something to show that we are appreciated even if it's just coming out on the the manufacturing floor and going around and letting people know that they are doing a good job. Not just coming out and berating folks when things don't go your way.

Other Employee Reviews for Kimball Electronics

1. "Kimball Electronics Tampa"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Tampa, FL

Pros

It was an average company to work for

Cons

Limited promotion opportunities and average pay

Advice to Management

Need to improve communications within the company

"Great place to work"

Pros

I worked as a production worker out of the Jasper plant. Great people to work with and a great environment to work in. Very clean and comfortable. All the jobs are easy to pick up no matter what department you work in. Everyone is very friendly and open. I felt like I could talk to anyone there if I had a problem, from my supervisor all the way up to the president of the company. Great guy by the way. Good benefits package as well.

Cons

I never worked as a production worker before but it's terrible what you get paid as a production worker. Some of the workers who have been there 10, 15, 20 years is making the same as someone who's been there for six months. Sure anyone, and I mean anyone can do these jobs but it would be nice if there was more room for pay advancement.

Advice to Management

When hiring within, don't make "talking in front of large crowd's" a requirement. How often is that required anyway? I see the same speakers speak at each and every meeting.