Kimball Electronics - Kimball Electronics Tampa | Glassdoor

"Kimball Electronics Tampa"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Tampa, FL

Pros

It was an average company to work for

Cons

Limited promotion opportunities and average pay

Advice to Management

Need to improve communications within the company

Other Employee Reviews for Kimball Electronics

"Great place to work"

Pros

I worked as a production worker out of the Jasper plant. Great people to work with and a great environment to work in. Very clean and comfortable. All the jobs are easy to pick up no matter what department you work in. Everyone is very friendly and open. I felt like I could talk to anyone there if I had a problem, from my supervisor all the way up to the president of the company. Great guy by the way. Good benefits package as well.

Cons

I never worked as a production worker before but it's terrible what you get paid as a production worker. Some of the workers who have been there 10, 15, 20 years is making the same as someone who's been there for six months. Sure anyone, and I mean anyone can do these jobs but it would be nice if there was more room for pay advancement.

Advice to Management

When hiring within, don't make "talking in front of large crowd's" a requirement. How often is that required anyway? I see the same speakers speak at each and every meeting.

2. "Could be a great company"

I worked at Kimball Electronics full-time

Pros

Global company, benefits are good, most people are friendly, company is flexible. You're almost always guaranteed a job if you're from Jasper and friends with the hiring manager or an executive, even if you're not the best candidate.

Cons

Pay is not competitive compared to other companies nearby. Several managers seem to have been promoted to a level where they aren't competent enough to effectively perform their duties (research the Peter Principle for a better understanding). No opportunities to grow within the organization.

Advice to Management

Show your employees that you value them so they don't feel the need to go elsewhere in the first place. When someone leaves the organization, take their feedback seriously. Take action based on their feedback. As research has shown, people give up on their manager before they give up on their job. When a manager's team experiences 100% turnover in a year's time, pay attention. Start asking questions. Find out why they're leaving and take action to correct the issues. Managers should ALWAYS know what is going on in their department. Good leaders should always lead by example...
    This company has a lot of employees that will be retiring within the next 10-15 years and, like it or not, "millennials" you all complain about are the ones that will carry this company into the future. It might be time to make changes so that this company can attract AND retain young professionals. Stop thinking "this is how it's been done for decades" and start thinking what changes you can make to take this company into the future.