Kimberly-Clark - Great entry-level position with programs and training in place to quickly learn the foundation of Financial Analysis. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kimberly-Clark

"Great entry-level position with programs and training in place to quickly learn the foundation of Financial Analysis."

Former Employee - Financial Analyst I/Financial Analyst II in Roswell, GA
Former Employee - Financial Analyst I/Financial Analyst II in Roswell, GA

Pros

-Well-respected company that's been around for a long time
-Manufacturing cost/financial analysis skills developed applicable to positions with other companies
-You get to decide how much direct day to day supervision is required
-Working as part of a team allowed us to leverage each other's skills to maximize training sessions that were held regularly
-Management doesn't act like a tiny mistake is the end of the world
-Positive reinforcement when you're doing a good job
-Solid data systems/technology

Cons

-Large organizational structure with many levels of management makes defining correct customer difficult at times
-Team environment made it harder at times to be recognized individually while less productive employees could skate by under the radar
-Little too much focus on the office politics/relationships as opposed to the quality of work in certain situations
-Economic downturn resulted in elimination of 50% of the promotions everyone on my team was working towards

Advice to Management

Solid organizational/management structure in place already. As an established manufacturing company, I felt management was a bit too risk adverse at times for fear of decisions having unintended consequences. I think management should take a few more innovative/creative risks to drive future performance instead of resting on KC's strong brand image and economies of scale. It felt like the company was managed very well overall, but managers were trying to maintain the status quo as opposed to improving the company for the future.

Other Employee Reviews for Kimberly-Clark

"Two words "Corporate Greed""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Pros

pay and benefits although benefits are on a serious decline.

Cons

They wont hesitate to throw employees away like garbage.

Advice to Management

Dont let your corporate greed affect decisions!!!

"Senior Management Nightmare"

Former Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Neenah, WI

Pros

- #1 is the people. Although so much talent has left KC, there are still some wonderful people left.
    - Parking is good

Cons

- Senior mgmt is completely out of touch, yet they try so hard to make you believe they care. Pathetic.
    - Lower level managers try to please their bosses to be the next "pet".
    - SO much talent has left this company it is truly sad. Experience is not valued.
    - Company has been on a 8 year cost savings journey that now has come to "Burn the Furniture".
    - The next step to save money is to implement new pay standards to become "competitive". This is easily seen as cutting salaries and benefits.
    - Performance Management system that continues to kill morale while wasting tons of time.
    - Senior leadership views employees as a number, a headcount, and not a person. You can be replaced and you may be soon.

Advice to Management

I can't give any true advice to our the leadership at KC since they continue down the same path even after being told by many people, myself included, about how employees feel about Performance Manager, salary modifications, downsizing, etc. I finally decided leaving was the only intelligent option and my best way to communicate my disapproval to management. For all my friends left at KC - I hope things change soon - best wishes.