Kimberly-Clark - Risk-Averse, Old-Style, but Stable | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kimberly-Clark

"Risk-Averse, Old-Style, but Stable"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Kimberly-Clark is a conservative, stable company which isn't going to go belly-up in uncertain times like these. I feel stable in my position and am prouod fo the company's brands and reputation for making quality products. I love the people I work with and trust them. My sector primarily promotes from within to management positions.

Cons

There are few women or minorities in leadership positions in my sector. I do not see any concerted efforts to promote or recognize the values of diversity to the organization. Communication from the leadership of my sector regarding how we are doing is spotty. Compensation relative to others in the industry is less - this is justified to the employees by saying that we are such a stable and risk-averse company that the stability outweighs the compensation issues. There is a relatively new system of forced-ranking of performance and leadership qualities which penalizes those who take risks and fall short of goals. The system encourages those who sandbag, then blow out their numbers.

Advice to Management

Allow your employees to take risk, learn from mistakes, and value those who are willing to take on risky projects. Make a concerted and company wide effort to employ and promote diverse teams. Make clear communication with all teams a priority.

Other Employee Reviews for Kimberly-Clark

1. "Blue chip company suffering more than benefit from globalization"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Roswell, GA

Pros

Great urban environment, good location. people are nice

Cons

many levels, slow decision making,

Advice to Management

Take away some layers, empower people, promote the right people

2. "Instrument Techs Rock"

Current Employee - E/I Tech in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - E/I Tech in Everett, WA

Pros

Unlimited OT, I work about 600 to 800 per year, I know of people working 3000 to 3200 Hrs per year. If you are a go getter should be OK, be ready to work OT new guys usually get "Forced" to work.

Cons

Too many superviser, very top heavy. The ratio is 6 to 1. It is hard to remeber who tom talk to depending where you are in the mill. Very little training for newer employees, alot of promises when you get hired, Hrly rate is low for the area, Oil Refineries in the Area pay more per Hr and get better Bennys,

Advice to Management

Give praise to your workers, acknowledge the good ones, the people getting dirty. Very little feed back on work done too many supervisors, trying to go too many directions.