Kimberly-Clark - Gross Mismanagement | Glassdoor

"Gross Mismanagement"

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Neenah, WI
Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are great. At least the few who haven't left. Tons of talent has been driven out or has left the company.

Senior Executives are getting incredibly rich.

New Vice Presidents, almost all external hires, pop up almost daily.

Cons

Wave after wave of layoffs and recent mill closings have resulted in a disenchanted work force in many areas.

Cost cutting is now cutting to the bone. Fat was cut away many years ago.

If you aren't in health care expect ongoing budget cuts to continue. This leadership has no idea how to spend profits to grow the company. Bring your own water - nothing is free.

Layers of management coupled with political correctness gone wild make many groups unbearable to work for.

Performance Management. If you are with KC you know what I'm talking about. This system is a cancer to the company and has sucked the life out of many great workers.

Advice to Management

Senior management has an agenda to make themselves rich and they are executing it at the expense of their "family" of employees.

Do families, like Senior Management regularly pretends we are, really cut off hard working sons and daughters when the financials get tough? "Son, we have lots of money but I need to please the market so I'm going to have to sell you off".

At KC you are not family - you are a headcount and will be cut when needed. Advice: don't blow smoke up you know where. Tell people the truth. Its all about the money - there is no concern for individuals. Simple honesty would be refreshing.

Other Employee Reviews for Kimberly-Clark

1. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Packaging Engineer in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Packaging Engineer in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work and life ballance

Cons

Not much opportunity to learn outside of personal care products
    Neenah, WI

Advice to Management

Management was very good in providing feedback, but not driven on continuous improvement of employees.

2. "Wonderful career with an established company who is constantly reinventing itself"

Former Employee - Operations Consultant in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Operations Consultant in Roswell, GA

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are many good and conscientious people in the upper management who support diversity. Competitive compensation and benefits package. Great gym and wellness facility (in the Roswell, GA area).

Cons

Because it is a public company, it is always under pressure to show good performance now! Employee performance review deemed by many as not producing better performing employees.