Kimley-Horn - Most talented people and best business model in the consulting world! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn

"Most talented people and best business model in the consulting world!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kimley-Horn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started at Kimley-Horn out of school and expected to jump companies to get ahead. There was no need to because I found all the mentoring and growth opportunities I could ask for here. And unlike most companies, the profits are distributed to all employees instead of making the few owners really rich. I work hard because I love what I do and the people I work with - it is just nice that I get paid really well too!

Cons

If you're looking to clock in at 9 and clock out at 4, this isn't the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the culture that makes this place great!

Other Employee Reviews for Kimley-Horn

1. "I have been given more support in my personal career growth than I could have asked for."

Current Employee - Project Manager/Associate in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager/Associate in Reston, VA

I have been working at Kimley-Horn full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The employee evaluation process is very transparent. As close to a meritocracy as you can reasonably expect. A very collaborative environment. Employee ownership model ensures the probability of being sold to a conglomerate and losing the culture is very small. People work hard and take pride in their work. "One profit center" model allows employees to collaborate across all offices with minimal friction. I have developed great working relationships with colleagues across the country. Success is celebrated. Excellent benefits, including annual bonuses and profit sharing. The company is consistently profitable. The business is well managed.

Cons

Practice-led culture leads to a lot of freedom, but sometimes a frustrating lack of direction from management. Long work hours are expected. Employee evaluation process is rigorous and clear, but doesn't accommodate all employees as well as it should, i.e., those who don't "fit the mold," though I've seen definite improvements in recent years.

Advice to Management

Keep working to find ways to reward and accommodate employees who don't fit the mold but who have strengths the company needs to succeed.

2. "Good Company, but prejudice in hiring practices of good candidates with solid resumes (mid western region)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Kimley-Horn full-time

Pros

Make good money, keep getting more and more work, and profits keep rising.

Cons

Turn down good resumes of better candidates to keep the pay scales lower and profits higher.

Advice to Management

Try hiring more qualified candidates for the reputation of the firm not just fancy cheer leaders!

Kimley-Horn Response

Jun 26, 2014 – Team Member

At Kimley-Horn, we strive to ensure that our recruiting is based on merit. So far this year, we have hired or have commitments from almost 500 new employees, and we’re seeking candidates in almost ... More