Kimley-Horn - Fantastic place to work!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn

"Fantastic place to work!!"

I have been working at Kimley-Horn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people at Kimley-Horn are top notch. In my over 11 year tenure at Kimley-Horn, I haven't met a person I didn't like. If you don't like the people you work with, you'll be miserable and that has not been my experience at all. There are also plenty of perks and benefits that go a long way to making it an even better place to work. They aren't afraid to share the success of the firm with everyone.

Cons

It takes hard work and dedication to be successful serving clients. It can be very demanding and requires a delicate balance of work and life.

Other Employee Reviews for Kimley-Horn

"Need to be the right type of person"

Former Employee - Engineering Analyst
    Former Employee - Engineering Analyst

I worked at Kimley-Horn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really great people to work with. Lots of opportunity to get involved in groups--i.e. young professionals, women professionals, etc. Opportunities to succeed if driven to.

Cons

They talk a lot about work-life balance, but it's very difficult to do here, especially if you have children. Expect to work very long hours. They also seem to want very dominant-type personalities working here, not so much introverted types.

2. "You will be as successful as you are willing to be."

I have been working at Kimley-Horn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The true value of the company is found in all the benefits outside of salary, such as bonuses, insurance, profit sharing, and a sharing office culture. The more you contribute, the more you receive. Most are given the freedom and encouragement to explore new and better ways to further their career and the success and profits of the firm.

Cons

The culture and environment make work-life balance a challenge. The flat organization is not good for someone who places great importance on titles. The consensus building process to make decisions can be slow and frustrating.