Employee Review

Current Intern

Friendly, Generous, and Fair

Jun 23, 2021 - Intern in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very active, welcoming environment that fits a range of personality types. I usually keep to myself on the norm, but I never feel like I can't join a conversation. A company that is *very* invested in the success of its employees, and has the training/family support programs to show for it. Only upper level employees can be shareholders and no one person owns more than 2% of the company.

Cons

Based on quality work and extra-effort. It is normal and encouraged to be putting in more than 40 hours a week.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

work review

Sep 17, 2021 - Civil Analyst in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

great working environment and culture

Cons

working 50 hour works weeks

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

A Place to Flourish

Sep 7, 2021 - Civil Analyst in College Station, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked in this office for two years as an intern (full time during the summer and part time throughout the semester) The staff in the College Station office does an excellent job in teaching the skills required to be a great Civil Engineer. They always taking the required time to provide you the information you need to succeed on a project. The base salary matches industry, however the benefits are far beyond the industry standard. The 401K program is truly incredible, KH provided 8% match to my 4% plus at the end of the year an additional 10%. For health care the monthly payments are low for the quality coverage, and they provide HSA contributions. They also give out firm wide rewards ($1000 Amazon Cards, $400 treat yourself money, ect.) throughout the year and bonuses at the end of the year. I strongly recommend working here.

Cons

Early on you can feel stuck in the ladder, the first few steps on the "P" ladder are based on time as a full time employee, regardless of time as an intern/technical skills. If you feel like you have grown to a technical level but are constrained to the title of P1 when it comes to trainings, shift opportunities, pay, ect. Speak up to your PM. My PM was good about directing me in ways I can continue to develop and provided me with more opportunities to take on.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Kimley-Horn.