Kimley-Horn - Great place to work when you're young and have no other life responsibilities. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn

"Great place to work when you're young and have no other life responsibilities."

Current Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Kimley-Horn offers great benefits. If you can last at least 7 years, you'll walk away with a killer retirement account. The medical insurance offers an option of 100% paid. I think the firm is well managed. Top managers communicate well with staff and let them know what changes are coming down the pike. They do forget however to talk more to the younger folks who have not experience a downturn like this. All the news is negative. They need to do a little cheerleading to let everyone know that times are bad now, but good times will come again.

Cons

Two words: "extra effort" Forget about having a life. Do this job while you're young and have no kids or responsibilities, then get the heck outta here.

Advice to Management

Think about the career paths for ALL employees, not just the engineers.

Other Employee Reviews for Kimley-Horn

"Great Company"

I have been working at Kimley-Horn full-time

Pros

Awesome coworkers, great benefits, environment to flourish

Cons

46+ hours a week, work load can be overwhelming

2. "My dream job!"

Current Employee - Practice Builder/Senior Vice-President
    Current Employee - Practice Builder/Senior Vice-President

I have been working at Kimley-Horn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I get the freedom to apply my skills to pursue projects for which I am passionate. They have taught me to be a business man and now I am an owner in the business. I have had the opportunity to help develop talent and work with amazing people. I have the freedom to take my career to new directions. I have the peace of mind that my long term future is taken care of while I am able to enjoy a good lifestyle with solid benefits for me and my family.

Cons

Our culture is not for everyone and that is OK. We are driven, self-motivated, and hold each other accountable. It is hard to watch good people who are not a good fit struggle.

Advice to Management

Stick to our principles and values. Keep doing the good things and aspire to improve in the areas we need to grow.